Sept. 11, 2001, is a day that will be remembered in infamy. It will be a day where survivors gather and honor the dead for many years to come.
But, on Sept. 11, 2017, other things happened as well. Here’s a little sampling of them:
- Skeptics speak on AI gaydar: Last week, news came out that an artificial intelligence could read a person’s face and answer one big question “am I gay?” Well “not so fast!” skeptics say. Much of it centers around the potential abuse.
- Facial deconstruction: Well, speaking of skeptical scientists, they also question whether a new method can actually rebuild a person’s facial features with just DNA.
- Teachers. Who needs them?: With personalized schooling slowly becoming the norm, the human teachers may be making an exit from the classroom — something itself which may be ditched altogether.
- Free the beasts: Or at least send them to a better fate. Cages full of lions tigers and leopards have been found in Arkansas. Their destination: Germany.
- Discover low exceptions: Which is this article seems to tell me about Star Trek: Discovery. It sounds like the show is going to try to fit into the whole “lets kill off characters without warning, frequently” mold of Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Not what I want to see from Trek.
Enjoy the rest of your Monday.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $11.00Was: $16.00
Price: $21.60Was: $27.00
Price: $13.95Was: $19.50
Price: $12.21Was: $14.99
Price: $12.52Was: $15.99
Price: $12.21Was: $19.99